Car Driving Licence Application2018-10-27T15:02:19+00:00

Car Driving Licence Application

How Can Someone Apply For A Licence?

Before applying for your full licence application, you must first apply for your provisional licence.

In order to qualify for your provisional licence (for a car, motorbike or moped), you must meet the following criteria:

  • Minimum age of 15 years & 9 months
  • Ability to read a number plate from a minimum of 20 metres away
  • Have a document to prove your identity/ or a valid United Kingdom Passport
  • Reveal domestic addresses from last 3 years
Apply Online

Full Driving Licence Application

As soon as you have passed your practical driving test you are eligible to apply for your full driving licence.

Once you have your provisional licence (inclusive of whether it is for a car, moped or motorbike) and in turn passed your practical driving test, you are eligible to apply for your full driving licence.

If you pass your practical test, your examiner will be responsible for sending off your pass certificate to the DVLA. You must then expect to wait up to three weeks to receive your full driving licence.

Driving Licence Application FAQs

What is the process for applying for a licence?

Licence applications can either be processed online, through the DVLA or through the post office.

If you would like to use Ukdrivinghelp to apply for your licence, apply here now

Who can apply for a licence?

Anyone who is the minimum age of 15 years & 9 months can apply for their first provisional licence. You must also be able to read a number plate from a minimum of 20 metres away
and hold a document which proves your identity/ or a valid United Kingdom Passport.

Does the price of a licence depend on the age of the driver?

The price of a licence application varies depending on the type of licence you are applying for and can vary with age. DVLA fees range from free to £90.

What types of driving licences can people apply for?

There are various types of licence applications depending on whether you are applying for:

  • A provisional licence
  • Renewing your driving licence
  • Replacing a stolen, lost, destroyed or damaged licence
  • Update your licence:
    • Change the name on your licence
    • Change the address on your licence
    • Change the photo on your licence
    • Change the gender or name of your driving licence
  • Exchange, renew or re-apply your licence:
    • Renew your driving licence if you are over 70
    • Renew your driving licence
    • Exchange a paper driving license for a photocard license
  • After being disqualified from driving
    • Reapply for a licence after being disqualified
  • After being disqualified for a medical condition
    • Reapply for your driving licence after disqualification for a medical condition
  • International Licence
    • Exchange a foreign licence for UK driving licence

For the United Kingdom (inclusive of England, Scotland and Wales), you can visit the DVLA website to find out which forms you need.

What does the UK Driving Help offer?

We provide assistance with your licence application. Checking for any obvious errors and omission. We provide 24/7 email support for a quick and easy application which only takes 5 minutes to complete. We will re-do any unsuccessful application free of charge and are here to answer any queries or questions you may have regarding your licence whether renew over 70, replacements of a lost or stolen one, or simply updating a change of name or address.

What are the requirements for people who would like to apply for a licence?

When applying for a licence if you do not have a valid passport, you must provide a form of identity. This must be an original document as photocopies will not be accepted. It is advised to include an SAE so these documents can be returned quickly by the DVLA.

How much does it cost to apply for a licence?

Driving licence fees ultimately depend on what you need from a licence. It could be that you require your first provisional or your first full licence; or that you need a replacement for one which has been damaged, destroy lost or stolen. You may wish to change your address if you have recently moved or change your name or photo. You may need to exchange a paper licence for a photo card. You may need to renew, add or remove an entitlement. You may need to renew your licence, especially if you are over 70, as over 70 renewals are every three years. It could be you need to reapply for a licence after being disqualified. There are many types of licence applications for driving a car, motorbike or moped.

If you wish to use ukdrivinghelp to apply for your licence, click the Apply Online Now button below.

Apply Online